Sunday, February 25, 2007

Lent Begins

Lent began with Ash Wednesday. For this year, I initially attempted to give up smoking; I lasted four days. Sigh. This is pretty tough.

I have also restricted my computer usage to an hour after I get back home from work. Weekends, it's a little more difficult, but I'm getting alot of reading in.

I get to suffer in a unique way; I am working at the front counter next week. Joy of joys. It's hard enough to hear as it is. It's actually working out pretty well, and I've got enough confidence.

I took Odin to a professional groomer (over at Petsmart) today. I had to lead him to the little holding cage, as he wouldn't go on his own. There wasn't enough room for him to stand in there. The look he gave me was so pitiful I nearly balked. As I walked out, he let out a whimper. Nearly broke my heart. The poor dog thought he was being left for good.

I understand he gave the groomer a bath. Other than that, he was pretty good, and smells considerably better. I took him on grand parade through the store afterwards, where he met lots of little dogs (all dogs are little to him) and their people. Awwwww. This tiny Pomeranian puppy just loved on him and managed to get away from her owner long enough to trot after us for a bit til I scooped her up and handed her back. Those short and stubby little legs can move.

He's still scared of the fancy rats they keep there. I'd like to have a couple of rats as pets myself, they're very cute and intelligent, but between Odin and Suki, they'd not last long.

I am going back to watching Braveheart. I never get tired of that movie. Kinda hoky dialogue, yes, but the cinematics and battle scenes are still pretty darn good. One of the kids at church told me today that that's an old movie. Considering he was born in 1990 and the film came out in 95, I suppose it is an old movie to him.

I've never felt old before, but that sure did it. Good thing I didn't mention that I had watched Willow on Saturday.

No comments: