Friday, December 22, 2006

Bath Time!

Well, I had to try it once.

I manhandled, sorry, doghandled, Odin into the bathtub. A fun time was had by all.

He plunked his butt down, and refused to budge. I was forced to take out my hearing aids, strip and get in with him. After lathering, scrubbing, and repeating, I turned on the shower.

Then the water began to run a little cool, and I frantically rinsed him off before he could get too chilled.

Then the real fun started. One extra large towel was not enough. Nope, I should have done towels at the laundry first.

I got him as dry as I could, but I am painfully aware of the delicate odor of chien en l'eau.

Next month I am taking him to a professional. I can't take him out til he's good and dry, so I hope he can hold it.

And who could have thought such a shorthaired, thin furred dog could hold so much water?

Either way, he is NOT sleeping in my bed tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What make are your hearing aids and does anyone else where you work wear them?