Friday, January 5, 2007

We're Making News!

At work, I told the story of how I unexpectedly met Lori, Odin's former owner, and what an excellent experience that was. Well, one of my coworkers (you're reading this and you know I will find some way to get back at you for this!) called the Wichita Eagle's Pets journalist.

My first knowledge of this was sitting down to an email after lunch telling me to expect a call from the newspaper about Odin and meeting his former owner, and that the journalist was very interested in writing a story. Whoa. My first thought was, "Oh dear Lord, they're going to want to take pictures and come to my apartment and I have to clean!"

The journalist called me later in the day and I granted her a short interview and set up a time for the photographer and herself, possibly, to come out and take pictures. I got ahold of Lori and let her know what was going on and if she would call the newspaper and so forth, and she seemed pretty enthused about the whole deal. So, hopefully she'll be able to come to the picture shoot on Monday.

The pictures will be around the corner where we met, and, if we can get Odin to calm down long enough, or the photographer has a very fast shutter speed (say, 1/500ths of a second?), we'll have a nice picture or two to go along with the article.

Odin will be a Wichita media darling for the length of time it takes groggy Wichitans next Saturday morning to sip their coffee, comment on his picture, "Dang big dog", and turn to the sports section.

No comments: