Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Updates

Well, it's been a solid month since I've posted anything, and I promise to try to do better; though my loyal readership, such as it is, hasn't exactly been beating down the door.

First the dog: he either strained or tore a ligament in his left hind leg. Limpy limpy limpy all around the house. Scared me half to death because it was so sudden. Now he's on anti-inflammatories. I swear, the dog gets better healthcare than I do.

Also, my dog is an alky. I left my beer on the table the other night when I went into the kitchen to fetch some chips. I came back to find the dog had knocked the bottle over and was happily lapping up the brew. I poured the remainder in a bowl and let him have it. I wasn't about to finish a bottle with doggie backwash and fur. He was quite pleased with the beer, and wagged his tail furiously. The joke at work is that he hurt his leg trying to get himself another beer. Either that, or he got drunk and fell out of the bed.

The kitty is fine, as kitties usually are. She's warming up to the dog and will sleep with him if I am there. We usually end up with his head on my chest, her against his head on my chest, and me suffocating from the combined weight and warmth.

I neglected the lawn mowing this weekend, and now it is raining, so no mow.

I'll probably do a post on the jail food flap here at Sedgwick Co later tonight.

I needs must run to McD's and get me something to eat. Ta for now!

No comments: